Monday, November 17, 2014

BEAUTIFUL—GUITAR WORKSHOP POSTERS by CHUCK HOWARD

Love, love, LOVE these guitar workshop posters, found on behance, designed by Chuck Howard from Memphis, TN. They are part of a series of "Memphisisms" that was in progress at the time. Title: "ST. BLUES POSTERS."


I just love the details in the design, the typography, the beauty of guitar body shapes, the layout, the color schemes he chose... really amazing work. 


I absolutely LOVE this one!




This one is cool but doesn't have enough color contrast for my taste. Still, I like the muted colors.



I think this third one is my favorite. Well, it's between this and the first one. His style REALLY appeals to me! I wish I could design posters like this!



So, in perusing his portfolio site, I came across something that perhaps some of us can relate to:
He says this about his piece below:

"As you begin art school you immediately start to feel the heat and pressure of the projects, professors, and critiques that push on you from all sides, crushing your ego into a tiny little super heated wad of potential... then suddenly you graduate. You are shot out from the belly of the academic beast into the atmosphere. Hopefully you will shine bright, even if you end up on the dark side of the moon."

The title of the piece is "UNDA PRESHA."



Source: https://www.behance.net/gallery/St-Blues-posters/1507477

No comments:

Post a Comment