Saturday, November 22, 2014

ALPHABET SOUP!

So, I have this great collection of single letters/drop caps on one of my Pinterest boards. I decided to choose some of my favorites and put them together in my own little alphabet for this blog post. I think they are all really creative, and in so many different ways! I got really into letter forms during my typography I class (which, by the way, utilized Pinterest as a form of blogging...thanks, Maya!), so I love to find interesting and creative single letters (as well as complete alphabets, typefaces, etc.).

Here you go. Enjoy!






Several of these are by Jessica Hische of the Daily Drop Cap. She's amazing! 

I think my favorites are P because of the beautiful intricate detail and the color, R because of the vintage look and the little bird, A because it's such a beautiful hand-drawn image, B because of its brilliance, vibrance, crazy smoke-like texture, and black background, and C because it's such an adorable cat in Jessica Hische style! V is pretty cool as well—the look of cola or something with bubbles in it making the shape of the letter is intriguing.

Hope you had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment